The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
- Marcel Proust




Sunday, July 19, 2009

Wiki-Wiki

This is actually Post #2 for today so you need to read the one below this one first--or not. It doesn't matter.

I'm trying to catch up on email, much of which is automatically sent from people I don't know (The Writer's Almanac, Daily Peace Quote, etc.), before it gets out of hand, so despite my headache (see below), I am forging ahead and just ran across this from Garrison Keillor (or his staff, whatever). Since, as you may have noticed if you follow the links in these posts, I'm such a big fan of Wikipedia, I couldn't wait to share this tidbit of wiki-history. The poem is nice, too. Aloha.

2 comments:

Embeedubya said...

Yesterday's Writers Almanac was all about SONNETS. Now there's a poetic challenge! Go ahead...

Embeedubya said...

AND, of course, the name of this post makes me think of:
Down in Nagasaki
Where the men all chew tobaccy
and the women wiki waki woo!