The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
- Marcel Proust




Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What Day Is It?

Is it Day 11? Day 12? Yesterday I rolled out of bed at 5:15 to accompany my sister Marcia as a volunteer for The Food Bank of Memphis. We drove to Amory, Mississippi, to interview 12 people at a food pantry as part of the Hunger in America survey. We were home by 1 p.m. but I was a slug the rest of the day: watched movies, etc.

Today we drove to Oxford, MS, to do the same. But instead of vegging out when we got home, I put on my walking shoes and took Trixie and myself for a walk. It was so beautiful I just had to share it with you. I hope that wherever you are, it is this beautiful, and that you are really looking at it, and thinking of nothing at all. I am. And I'm hooked into the collective conscousness of the Universe. Peace.

No comments: