The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
- Marcel Proust




Friday, November 28, 2008

Complaint-Free Zone

My friend Patti Digh suggests that we strive to eliminate all complaining, whining, gossiping and griping from our lives for 37 days. I've been working on that one myself recently so when I saw it in print, about halfway down the left sidebar of her blog post for today, I decided to really focus on it for the next 37 days.

Here are several examples of things that I have managed NOT to complain/whine/gossip/gripe about in the past couple of days:...but wait...oh heck! And they are all really good ones, too! Each one infinitely justifiable and designed to allow ME to appear superior and oh, so right.

Gee-whiz, what's there left to talk about? Uh...okay, I've got it...I'm thankful that I won't have to spend Thanksgiving with those people ever again. That didn't count, right?

No comments: