The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
- Marcel Proust




Friday, August 7, 2009

123456789

Today I got a Facebook message from my friend Corina in the UK who is proclaiming today as 12:34:56 7/8/9 Day. That's the way they see it across the pond. Unfortunately, for us Yanks it was last month, so I missed it. Shouldn't there have been a party or something? Oh well, we'll have another one next millenium. I hope I get a heads up next time. How about a poem to celebrate.

12:34:56 7/8/9 Day

Well
What can
You expect from
People who drive on
The wrong side of the
Road, and call the trunk the
Boot, and call the hood the bonnet?
Sour grapes really. I have always wanted a
Queen. Love the hats, love the name: Her Majesty

August 7, 2009
Fort Bragg, California




Happy 123456789 Day, Your Majesty!