The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
- Marcel Proust




Tuesday, August 4, 2009

So Peaceful...

Today I explored the woods around my host's home, along a path that led to an old logging road. The sun was out, for a change, and some blue sky showed through the cloud cover. When I returned I finally remembered to ask about the tree with the red, peeling bark and was told that it is Manzanita. There's nothing like it in the east. (Click on the photo to see it larger.)












Then I spent about an hour and a half watching videos of Eckhart Tolle and his partner Kim Eng. Because I am a "member" of Eckhart Tolle TV and perhaps you are not, you may not be able to open this link. But if you can, you will discover what I have been trying to convey about how living in the NOW can change your life. This video is the best explanation I have seen yet, and it's only an hour long. There are other, smaller, segments available on this link that are useful as well (in the right sidebar), especially the one at the bottom of the list, where Kim Eng talks about relationship, and specifically her relationship with Eckhart.

If you have already read The Power of Now, and especially A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose, the video will be helpful in "bringing it home" to you, perhaps in a more meaningful way than through just reading the books. I have watched many Eckhart videos and this one is the best. I hope you can see it and that it will have meaning for you.

If you can't open it, and you are interested in what it contains, please let me know and I will see if it can be accessed without paying the fee. I can certainly point you to other videos that are shorter and don't require membership.

Namaste.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Lila,
Hope you are doing well. I am thoroughly enjoying reading your posts and viewing your pictures! The links you site are great, too! I've just caught up on last week's writings...been in the mtns. of NC.
Take care and keep blogging!
Becky