The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
- Marcel Proust




Sunday, November 1, 2009

Going Home

No excuses. I guess I just got out of the mood to write, for a really long time. Glad I'm not trying to be a real writer: too much pressure. The new retired me doesn't want to do anything that HAS to be done.

The month of October flew by: the vertigo subsided (although I still feel a slight lingering dizziness on occasion); I went to the RVing Women convention in San Antonio, where my sessions were well received and I met a lot of great traveling women; I visited my friends in Austin; I arrived in Memphis Friday evening; I'm leaving for Asheville in a couple of days. I've decided to spend the holidays, and on into spring, with loved ones. Fortunately, a friend will close on her house next week and has invited me to share her space for as long as I want. Everything has fallen into place to make my homecoming work out right. I'm looking forward to spending the winter in a place where it will snow a few times and melt in a couple days each time. It's beautiful but not bothersome. I'll drain Michelle's water and holding tanks and use her as my everyday vehicle. I'll cruise for chicks and invite them in for hot toddies and a look at my travel photos. Smile.

I might change the theme of this blog while I'm "in port." Look for something different after I get settled in my new digs.

Meanwhile, I'll take a look at my photos and pick out some that you might enjoy. Nice to be back.



The Texas Capitol Dome

1 comment:

Wander to the Wayside said...

Thanks for dropping in! You've really had an eventful summer, so you do deserve a rest. I know you'll enjoy being with your family and friends for a spell, and cruising for chicks and inviting them in for hot toddies and a look at your travel photos (good luck with that!). Who knows, maybe you'll decide to put down roots again. (Or not.)