The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
- Marcel Proust




Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Good Day, Sunshine

Much better today. It's still a bit nippy but the sun is out and I walked a new route today that took me past one of my favorite places: Perkins Restaurant. It's a great place for cheap breakfast (and a cat-head-sized muffin to go) and it brings back happy memories, too: my daughter Liz is particularly fond of their Eggs Benedict. We have often wondered why, since Perkins is headquartered in Memphis, they haven't opened any restaurants in North Carolina, right next door to Tennessee. It's probably just as well, my willpower being what it is.

Then, while sitting still, next to a window, I spotted a Yellow-rumped Warbler in a bare shrub (if it had been leafed out I might have missed it). Now, if you're a warbler snob I'm sure you've already been out looking for these, and no doubt found them, too. But I was three feet from one, so there.
And that's not all. They don't call Minnesota "The Land of 10,000 Lakes" for nothing. Do you have one in your neighborhood? How about several, within walking distance?

That's Diamond Lake. I can also walk to Lake Nokomis (you know, Hiawatha's mom, who had a wigwam "by the shores of Gitche Gumee") and several others. And the forsythia are still in bloom here, so that's a treat, along with the tulips. What a lot to be thankful for indeed.



And something else has happened to brighten my day. I have been accepted as a presenter for the RVing Women National Rally in San Antonio, in October. I will be leading a discussion of A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle! I'm so excited! This is such a great opportunity to meet other women who are already interested in the work, and to help others to awaken to their primary purpose in life, which is, according to Eckhart, simply to awaken, to become one with the collective consciousness of the Universe, so that together we can help to bring about world peace: a New Earth. Perhaps some day I will learn how to embed a few minutes of Eckhart video in a post. Meantime, if you don't know what he looks and sounds like, but you would like to, click here.

No comments: